Regular weekly CCA sessions are held in the afternoons. The default attire will be full Scout uniform, unless informed otherwise due to the specific requirement of programmes/ activities.
Scout CCA sessions are held regularly on every Friday, 1400-1630hrs (2.5 hours), during school term time. If required, additional CCA sessions may be called for during the school holidays or on weekends (i.e. Saturdays or Sundays). Punctuality is highly emphasised in Scout CCA sessions, for both Scout cadets and leaders.
CCA LEAPS Points
The CCA LEAPS 2.0 system is to recognise students' holistic development in the 5 domains (namely, Leadership, Enrichment, Achievement, Participation and Service).
The key objectives are:
- to motivate students towards holistic and balanced participation through the co-curricular programmes;
- to facilitate the learning of values, skills and competencies for life;
- to recognise diverse interests of students; developing students to be self-directed learners; and
- to recognise the “home-school-community” approach to holistic development of every child.
Each domain (with the exception of 'Enrichment' domain) in the LEAPS 2.0 system has 5 levels of attainment (i.e. Level 1 to 5).
Varying bonus points (i.e. deduction from aggregate score) for GCE 'O' Levels with be awarded based on the kind of CCA Experience that each student has achieved. The breakdown is indicated below:
Quality of Co-Curricular Experience
Basic Requirement for Level of Attainment in Domains
4, 3, 3, 3
4, 1, 1, 1
3, 2, 1, 1
2, 2, 2, 1
did not meet above criteria
LEADERSHIP domain in LEAPS 2.0
- Level 1: Completed 2 modules on leadership
- Levels 2 – 3: National Youth Achievement Award:
- Level 2: Bronze
- Level 3: Silver and above
- Levels 2 – 5: Recognition of progressive student leadership development through leadership positions
ENRICHMENT domain in LEAPS 2.0
The Enrichment domain complements the other domains for students’ holistic development and will be recognised in School Graduation Certificate. It will not have any levels of attainment and will not be used in the assessment of the Quality of CCA Experience in LEAPS 2.0.
ACHIEVEMENT domain in LEAPS 2.0
- Level 1: Represent class / house / CCA (Intra-school)
- Levels 2 – 4: Representation school or external organisation in an event; Accomplishment in an event represented; Levels increase with no. of years of representation/accomplishment
- Level 5: Represent/accomplish Singapore / MOE / Singapore Schools / National Project of Excellence (NPOE) / UG HQ in international UG competitions
At least 75% attendance each year
- Levels 1 - 4: Participation in a CCA for 2 to 5 years
- Levels 4 – 5: Continuous involvement in the same CCA for 4 or 5 years
- Levels 3 – 5: Exemplary conduct and active contribution in CCA with at least 3 years of participation in any CCA
SERVICE domain in LEAPS 2.0
- Level 1-4: Highest level attained in either: Number of hours of service; Number of VIA projects; A combination of both
- Level 5: VIA project: Student-initiated; Impacts the community beyond the school